Softball is a middle school girl’s only sport within our Archdiocese through the Greater Houston Catholic Athletic Association and is open to girls that will be incoming 6-8 graders for that playing season. Try-outs are held in February of the current school year.
Typically, the games are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays. There will be an occasional Monday or Friday game due to the school calendar.
SMCS does not guarantee any student trying out a position on the team. This is a try out situation and therefore each student should be prepared to do her best. 8th graders can only tryout for Varsity. All district games will be played with other Catholic schools in our diocese. We may play other private or public club teams for scrimmages at the coaches’ discretion.
See Mrs. Snyder's website for current Softball information: https://sites.google.com/a/stmarthacs.org/smcs-athletics/
Any other questions can be directed to me via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome TO SMCS Sports Program
SMCS is a part of the GHCAA
The Greater Houston Catholic Athletic Association is an integral part of the educational mission of The Catholic Schools of The Archdiocese of Galveston Houston. The G.H.C.A.A. is dedicated to fostering human development, within the framework of a Christian environment, encouraging a positive vision in our young men and women through exercise, positive athletic competition, and fully recognizing the dignity of each student in Christ's image.
All affiliated schools agree to the following goals:
· To build a community which strives to image Christ
· To develop Christian spirit, school spirit, team spirit and personal acceptance
· To instill Christian sportsmanship in the life -styles of the participants
· To teach the participants the proper attitude towards winning, losing and competing with dignity
· To develop an acceptance and appreciation of others
· To train and instruct in athletic rules
· To develop the students physical abilities and coordination
· To help form well-rounded students by fostering good health habits
· To provide a Christian environment and outlet for youthful energy
· To teach the positive value of athletic participation
· To show the necessity of practice, work and management of time
These goals are founded upon the principle of the infinite worth of each person because he/she is created in the image and likeness of God.